As per request (thanks, singingrabbitskull!), I did a half-tutorial, half-sporadic notes on how I generally render basic expressions.
There’s already a lot of cool tutorials that exist on how to do expressions, so I tried to just look at a lot of really minor details that I’ve used but haven’t seen commonly passed down.
required disclaimer: this is just how I go about it, feel free to ignore bits, steal bits, do whatever you want with them. Hope this helps, and if you have any questions scream at my inbox!
Hey! Made a compilation of the darkest corners of the internet.
- Dionaea House: a horrifying story, told through two guys mail conversation, about how a haunted house
- Page of Ted: another haunting story about a man’s experience in an uncharted cave
- Castle of Spirits: a website with ghost stories, experiences and pictures. my mom banned me from going here because I used to freak myself out as a kid from this website
- Deep Cave: A man breaks scuba depth world record and finds the body of the last man to attempt it while down there. He makes plans to recover the body, but dies during the attempt. This is his website, as he left it, before he went on his last dive.
- Reborn Baby Dolls: where you can buy dolls that look EXACTLY and feel EXACTLY like a newborn baby
- Find a Grave: a website where you can find the graves of ancestors or famous people, create virtual memorials, add ‘virtual flowers’ and a note to a loved one’s grave
- This Man: a website about 1000’s of people all over the world, dreaming of the same man. Some say he’s the devil some say he’s god.
- Exit Mundi: a collection of end of the world scenario’s
- Haunted House: where you can find any haunted house in the U.S
- Truthism: an extremely wacko cult website about how reptilian aliens are responsible for everything wrong, how humanity is controlled by aliens and how the sun is a cube and that the inner Earth exists
- The Jonestown Mass Suicide Death Tape: Trigger warning and you know why
- Shaye Saint John: The story/myths behind Shaye Saint John is that she was a hot woman who was horribly disfigured in a car accident. As a result, she appears in public wearing this creepy mask, and hobbles along with prosthetic legs and hands. This is her website
- SCP Foundation: collection of fictional works that its members contribute that deal with the “paranormal”. They range all the way from a television working without a broadcasting station, to deadly creatures that have never been encountered
- Blog of Joseph E. Duncan: sentenced to death by a federal jury on August 27, 2008 for the kidnapping, of Dylan and Shasta Groene and murder of Dylan. He had been convicted of a sex crime years before. Go back to the beginning and read forward. You can trace his further descent into madness.
- Annie96 is typing: a creepy chat between two teenagers that has a horrific twist at the end
Alright, I hope you enjoy. Maybe look through these one day at a sleep over with some friends. That would be fun.
Speaking of sleepovers, here’s a masterpost of creepy sleep-over games
SHAYE SAINT JOHN STARTLED ME
it’s got noise in it, really really creepy noise. Just be careful, okay?
Can I add to this list?
Click on the bolded word(s). No screamers, promise!
This is awesome
Hey guys :)
sixpenceee here again with some more websites! Thank you for the other tumblr user that added my father’s long,long legs.
- TED IS GOD: a website of a guy who thinks he’s the superior overlord. Just go through it and you’ll see his ever increasing insanity.
- Book of Immanuel David Isaiah: Authorities believe this is the work of Brian David Mitchell, suspected of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart in 2001. Complete raving nonsense.
- Urban Exploration Resource: a database of creepy urban exploring sites. They’ve got everything from abandoned nuclear silos in Ukraine to Saddam Hussein’s destroyed palace. Chances are you’ll find something in your own city.
- Dan’s Gallery of the Grotesque: Okay, this site is HORRIBLE. I know I’m a paranormal blogger but I post NO gore. I can’t stand it. Maybe some corpses once in a while, but no full entangled bloody gruesome gore. But for those of you who like it, then this site is perfect for you.
- Time Cube: the website of a guy who claims that modern physicists are wrong and how each day is actually 4 days happening at the same time. Some bizarre things here.
- Last Words: a website of cockpit voice recordings of commercial airline crashes. There are some audio but most are transcriptions.
- Unsolved murder cases websites: Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders, Keddie Murders, Taman Shud Case
- Number Stations: method of communication with spies, the website contains recordings of how they do this
Schrodinger’s Douchebag: One who makes douchebag statements, particularly sexist, racist or otherwise bigoted ones, then decides whether they were “just joking” or dead serious based on whether other people in the group approve or not.
MOVING THIS INTO CIRCULATION IMMEDIATELY.
i don’t trust asexuals because their brains are not distracted by the matters of the flesh.
where is all that brain power going.
i bet it’s going to the overmind, where they are gathering strength to consolidate their hold over the world
you know too much.
Bad news. A major vulnerability, known as “Heartbleed,” has been disclosed for the technology that powers encryption across the majority of the internet. That includes Tumblr.
We have no evidence of any breach and, like most networks, our team took immediate action to fix the issue.
But this still means that the little lock icon (HTTPS) we all trusted to keep our passwords, personal emails, and credit cards safe, was actually making all that private information accessible to anyone who knew about the exploit.
[ bad advice snipped ]
You’ll be hearing more in the news over the coming days. Take care.
But don’t change your password yet?
Heartbleed is a very, very big deal, and it’s quite rightly scaring the crap out of people. The response here is more complicated than ‘change your passwords’, and that complication is very important.
Heartbleed dumps a portion of the server’s memory out to the attacker. This chunk of memory can contain sensitive information, including your password.
Here’s the kicker: the more recently a vulnerable server has processed your password, the more likely it is to appear in one of these chunks.
And more importantly, if you change your password, you are risking both your old and new passwords.
- Go to filippo.io/Heartbleed. Type in the domain name of the site you want to check (for tumblr, you would enter tumblr.com) and press “Go!”
- If and only if you get a message saying that the site is “not affected”, change your password on that site and any other sites that you use it on. In future, use unique passwords for each site.
- If you get a message saying that the site is vulnerable, do not use that site. Keep checking every so often, and only use the site again when you get the “not affected” response.
Send me an ask if you need help or more information, I’ll do what I can.
::points:: listen to this man. this shit is his job AND his passion.
James Baxter — Moses from Prince of Egypt [x]
THE ANIMATION IN THIS MOVIE IS SO PERF UGH
What you mean to say is that James Baxter is perfect <3 The man is an animation god/legend. FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. In fact, the man is especially renown for his work on “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron”
That’s why in an episode of Adventure Time, there is an incredibly well animated horse who rolls around on his ball and says his name “Jaaaaaaaaames Baxter!” and brings cheer to everyone around him. Finn and Jake become jealous of his ability to make people smile and try to mimic him, find their own way of spreading joy and then finally accept that sometimes you can’t be as good as some other people at some things. It was a commentary by Pendleton Ward about how he always wanted to be a legend just like James, but in the end you have to do you own thing and achieve greatness in your own way.
James Baxter voiced the horse himself, too.
No wonder that horse was so well animated
Seriously, I have a hard time believing some of Baxter’s work isn’t rotoscoped, he has such an amazing talent to draw and animate in three dimensions it boggles the mind.
it’s amazing how for 13 years of my life I was able to wake up at 6am 5 days a week and now I can’t even manage waking up for a 1pm class twice a week
Cocoon and Evolved Metallic Mechanitis Butterfly Chrysalis from Costa Rica